The performing arts? Running? Golf? Playing with your grandchildren? Whatever your joys in life may be, the Feldenkrais Method of Movement Education will help you feel better doing them.
The Feldenkrais Method is a form of somatic education that uses gentle movement and directed attention to improve improve how you move and enhance how you function. Developed by Moshe Feldenkrais, D.Sc., it is based on principles of physics, biomechanics and an empirical understanding of learning and human development. Through this method, you can increase your ease and range of motion, improve your flexibility and coordination, and rediscover your innate capacity for graceful, efficient movement.
- Free yourself from aches and pains due to old injuries and chronic tension.
- Get rid of the frustration that comes from flaws in coordination, technique, and self-awareness.
- Gain new resources and capacities for coping with chronic illnesses such as MS and Parkinson’s.
- Improve your breathing, energy, and ability to relax.
- Recover lost suppleness, spontaneity, and enjoyment of movement.
My name is Jae Gruenke and I’m a Feldenkrais Practitioner certified by the Feldenkrais Guilds of North America and the United Kingdom.
Unfortunately due to UK visa policies my family has had to relocate to Germany. However I visit Edinburgh every 2-3 months to offer one-to-one lessons; if you’d like to receive notification of my visits and book a lesson, please join my mailing list.
I also teach a weekly online Feldenkrais class you can take from the comfort of your own home. For more information about that, and to try a free sample class, please see the online class flyer.
If you’re a runner please look at my website for The Balanced Runner for more information.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at Jae@EdinburghFeldenkrais.co.uk. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.